Mail Facebook Instagram Twitter RSS Previous Next Home Search Cross PDF Website

The municipalities


Saint-Anicet Municipality

Four Special Collections for all citizens of the Haut-Saint-Laurent - Hazardous household waste (HHW), electric devices, small appliances and electronics

If you live in Dundee, Elgin, Franklin, Godmanchester, Havelock, Hinchinbrooke, Howick, Huntingdon, Ormstown, Saint-Anicet, Saint-Chrysostome, Sainte-Barbe, or Très-Saint-Sacrement please bring your household hazardous waste (HHW), your electrical devices, your electronics and your metal pieces that are not exceeding 100 lb/50 kg to the special collections sites on undermentioned dates. All materials collected will be recycled or treated appropriately so as not to harm health and the environment, which will not be the case if they are disposed of in the trash or in the sewers.

Collections will take place over four Saturdays, between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., in different municipalities.

The first collection will be held on June 16 at the Town Hall in Très-Saint-Sacrement, located at 1180 on Road 203. On August 4, the collection bins will be at the Ormstown EcoCentre at 9 Saint-Paul Street. The last two site are the Municipal Garage in Saint-Anicet on August 18 and the Godmanchester Town Hall on September 29, respectively located at 5001 Road 132 and 2282 Ridge Road.

Only household products will be accepted. Agricultural, industrial and commercial waste, as well as tires, will be refused. In order for materials to be accepted, permanent residents will be asked to provide their driver's license as proof of residence while seasonal residents can bring their municipal tax account.

HHW generated at home contains one or more properties of a hazardous substance (flammable, toxic, corrosive, explosive, oxidizing), whether in solid, liquid or gaseous form. For example, the following products and their containers should be taken to one of the collections instead of being thrown away: acids, fertilizers, batteries and batteries, used oils and filters, paints, pesticides, propane, antifreeze, maintenance and cleaning products, and pool chemicals.

For a more complete list of accepted domestic products, visit the Haut-Saint-Laurent MRC’s website:

To discover all of the accepted electric and electronic products (televisions, kettles, computer keyboards), go to:

For any questions, contact Émilie Escafit at: or 450 264 5411, extension 225.

Special Collection