Mail Facebook Instagram Twitter RSS Previous Next Home Search Cross PDF Website

The municipalities

Très-Saint-Sacrement

Tres Saint Sacrement Municipalite Mrc Haut Saint Laurent

  • Mainly agricultural, the territory of the parish municipality features attractions such as the Battle of the Chateauguay National Historic Site of Canada, the Memorial Obelisk, The Battle of the Chateauguay Interpretation Centre, and the Turcot Bridge. The Battle of the Chateauguay National Historic Site commemorates the significance of the victory by Canadian troops commanded by Charles-Michel de Salaberry over an army of invading American soldiers led by General Wade Hampton. This feat, which took place in 1813 on the banks of the Chateauguay River, highlights the role played by combatants in the defence of Canada. 

  • .

  • 1180 Route 203
    Très-Saint-Sacrement (Québec)  J0S 1G0
    Phone: 450 825-0192
    Fax: 450 825-0193
    Email: mun-trst@videotron.ca

    Website

    Mayor: Agnes McKell

    Director General and Secretary-Treasurer: Suzanne Côté

    Councillors: Danny Anderson, Karine Poirier, Guy Bergevin, Jonathan Craig, James Templeton, Pascal Laramée



  • Town Hall

In numbers

  • Demonym and geographic code

    Sacrementois, oise, 69030

  • Inhabitants

    1,225

  • Area (km)

    98.83

  • Très-Saint-Sacrement occupies the northeastern portion of the MRC du Haut-Saint-Laurent in the Montérégie. It is located a few kilometres northwest of Saint-Chrysostome. The Chateauguay River crosses the territory in the northwestern sector, which surrounds the municipality of Howick. The English River flows through the eastern sector. Founded in 1844, the parish of Très-Saint-Sacrement was canonically established in 1885, after being annexed from the territories of Sainte-Martine, Saint-Jean-Chrysostome and Saint-Malachie-d’Ormstown. The fact the name was retained for the establishment of the parish municipality in 1885 signifies the deep faith and piety of the religious authorities of the time. In addition, congregations of the Blessed Sacrament (men and women) were founded around the world around 1840-1850, when the parish was established. As well, devotion to the Blessed Sacrament was also flourishing in 17th century France. As the Anglophones, who lived in Howick, provided much material support to the pioneers of Très-Saint-Sacrement, the latter recognized this gesture by baptizing some of their communication routes the Rang des Irlandais (Irish Range), the Montée des Irlandais (Irish Sideroad), Rang des Écossais (Scottish Range), and the Chemin de la Rivière-des-Anglais (English River Road).

  • Obelisk commemorating the War of 1812

    • Battle of the Châteauguay National Historic Site
    • Obelisk commemorating the War of 1812
    • Battle of the Châteauguay Interpretation Center
    • Turcot Bridge
    • Bicycle path
  • Battle of the Châteauguay National Historic Site